Some of the links include videos or text and slideshows.
- EVO 2021
Moderator on "Transmedia Storytelling", for Immersive Storytelling in Virtual Worlds.
The use of transmedia on my Project "Wilde & Transmedia Storytelling for 21st Century Competencies" which is build on the skybox on my ELT Treasure Island, Kitely
Training educators how to use the affordances of Virtual Worlds to promote Transmedia Storytelling for English Language Teaching on Open Simulator, Kitely
- 11th Virtual Round Table Web Conference 2020
. Moderator of the CLIL Symposium with Letizia Cinganotto and Daniela Cuccurulo
. Moderator of the OS Symposium with Heike Philp, Annalisa Di Pierro and Helena Galani
. Presenter of: "Innovative teaching through Virtual Worlds to establish Differentiated Instruction and learner Heutagogy in ELT"
- Immersive Language Learning in Virtual Worlds, Electronic Village Online, 2020, Moderator & Presenter
"Leveraging the affordances provided in 3D Virtual Worlds, promotes language acquisition and provides meaningful, purposeful, self-determined immersive learning.
- 2nd Conference, Hellenic Scientific Institute Economics of Education & Lifelong Learning, of Research & Innovation, 2018, Presenter
"Leveraging innovative online applications, LMS, Virtual Worlds and educational machinima for the promotion of learner and educator creativity in foreign language education and Life long Learning."
"Η αξιοποίηση καινοτόμων διαδικτυακών εφαρμογών, ΣΔΜ, εικονικών κόσμων κι εκπαιδευτικών machinima για την προώθηση της δημιουργικότητας μαθητών κι εκπαιδευτών στην ξενόγλωσση εκπαίδευση και τη Διά Βίου Μάθηση."
- 10th Virtual Round Table & 9th vLanguages WebCon, 2018, Presenter
"It's anyone's game: keep it flowing"
Is it feasible to teach language through ELT games in social Virtual Worlds? What parameters and mechanics of game design are taken into account when creating language games in-world? During this presentation, we look at examples and simple ways of ensuring game flow by integrating language pedagogy with virtual world technologies, as an integral part of teaching at all levels of language education.
- 39th TESOL Greece International Annual Convention, 2018
"Responding to challenges in ELT through Creativity in Virtual Worlds"
- 38th TESOL Greece International Annual Convention, 2017
"“Out of this World – eclectic honeybees in holistic VWs" Athens, March 2017 with Letizia Cinganotto (Italy) and Heike Philp (Brussels/Germany)
My presentation slides are available here
The recording of the presentation can be viewed here
- EVO ViLLAGE 2017, Week 5 'Immersive scenarios' for ELT, applying games in virtual teaching (VirtualLanguage Learning and Game Environments)
- 2nd Panhellenic Conference with International Participation for the Promotion of Innovation in Education, 2016
"'Immersion' for 'Emergence': Educators' professional development on the use of multisensory, virtual and simulating worlds for exponential language teaching."
«Εμβάπτιση» για «Ανάδυση»: επαγγελματική ανάπτυξη διδασκόντων πάνω στη χρήση πολυαισθητικών, εικονικών κόσμων προσομοίωσης για εκθετική γλωσσοδιδασκαλία».
Available in the Conference Proceedings Volumn B page 750
- EVO ViLLAGE 2016
moderator (Virtual Language Learning And Game Environments)
- Presenting on "the usefulness of "EFLmachinima", an Interview with Christel Schneider for CAMELOT Project
- The 8th Virtual Round Table Web conference 2016 on which I moderated the Immersive Worlds the Symposium (with Ann Nowak), and presented "Learner Immersion for Emergence"
- The third annual Second Life MOOC 2016 on "Lessons from a Skybox - Using SL immersive environments to teach EFL"
- TechSoup's Non profit Commons on SL hosted by Joyce Bettencourt to introduce EVO ViLLAGE 2016
- 37th TESOL Greece Annual Convention 2016,
“Promoting self-directed learning through virtually true episodic experiences.” Proceedings pending. Page 17
- ICODL 2015, 8th International Conference in Open and Distance Learning,
"The usefulness of Tutorials and language machinima in the Flipped TEFL/EAP Classroom (with interdisciplinary benefits in education)" - Athens, November 2015.
- The 8th Second Life Languages Symposium 2015 at which I presented "SL Machinima for Young & Teenage Learners" and "From Board Games to Role Plays" with Heike Philp, Ann Nowak, Christel Schneider, Randall Sadler, Stylianos Mystakides
-University of Macedonia, Northern Greece, 1st Panhellenic Conference in LLL:«Εκλεκτικισμός και Ολιστική Συμμετοχικότητα στη Δια Βίου Μάθηση» 'Eclecticism and Holistic Participation in Lifelong Learning'
- TESOL Greece: "Journalism in EFL"